Privacy & Cookies Policies
BuyDRM, Inc. Privacy & Cookies Policies
By visiting the Site or using Software or a Service, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy, and consent to the same. Your use of the Site, Software, or a Service, and any controversy or dispute related to the privacy or use of your personal information, is subject to this Policy, along with other applicable terms and conditions, including limitations on damages and resolution of disputes (the applicable License and Distribution Agreement for Software, for example), which are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
What Information Does BuyDRM Collect About You?
BuyDRM may collect information directly from you and, where allowed by law, from third parties as well as through your use of our Site, Software, and Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You.
Certain areas and features of the Site, Software, or Services may require registration or the submission of information by you. When you register with us, we collect, among other things, your name, email address, a username and password. We may also collect additional optional information. Where the submission of information by you is optional, rather than required, we take reasonable measures to make this distinction clear (marking required fields “required,” for example).
Information We Collect Automatically.
We may automatically collect information about you and your use of the Site, Software, or Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies and methods. The information we collect in this manner may include the following: your domain name, IP address, location, and manner in which you connect with or to the Site, Software, and Services; information about your browser, device, operating system, and mobile device; the date and time on which you visit the Site or use the Software or Services and the length of time you do so; details regarding your use of the Site, Software, and Services, and other software products or services; web pages you view and links you click or access; information related to your payment for Software and Services; and the referring URL, site, or services that led you to the Site and information related to that referral.
Information We Collect When You Visit our Websites
You are free to explore the Websites without providing any Personal Information about yourself. When you visit the Websites or register for the Site, Software, and Services, we request that you provide Personal Information about yourself, and we collect Navigational Information.
This refers to credit or debit card numbers, personal financial account information, Social Security numbers, passport numbers, driver's license numbers or similar personal identifiers, racial or ethnic origin, physical or mental health condition or information, or other employment, financial or health information.
This refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business. Personal Information can also include information about any transactions, both free and paid, that you enter into on the Websites, and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from service providers.
Personal Information also includes Navigational Information or Payment Information where such information can directly or indirectly identify an individual. Navigational information refers to information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed. Please see the "Navigation Information" section below. We collect and process payment information from you when you subscribe to the Site, Software, and Services, including credit cards numbers and billing information, using third-party PCI-compliant service providers. Except for this, we do not collect Sensitive Information from you.
When you use our Site or view content provided by us, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, clickstream data, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by BuyDRM to maintain the quality of the Site and to provide general statistics regarding use of the BuyDRM Site. For these purposes, we may link this automatically-collected data to Personal Information such as name, email address, address, and phone number.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
From time to time, we may receive Personal Information about you from third party sources including partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities and publicly available sources such as social media websites.
Information About Children
The Site, Software, or a Service are not intended for or targeted at children under 18 years old, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 18 years old. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 18, please contact us at LegalNotice@keyos.com so that we may delete the information.
What Do We Do With the Information We Collect?
In general, we use the information we collect about you to develop and improve our Site, Software, or a Service, to develop new products and services, to customize and target content and information we provide or market to customers and others, and to comply with laws and court orders. Some examples of our use of the information we collect include the following:
- For customer service purposes. For example, to communicate with you about your use of the Site, Software, or Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your support requests, and for other similar purposes.
- To personalize your experiences on the Site and in the Software and Services. For example, to tailor the content and information that we send or display to you, and to offer personalized help and instructions.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, in accordance with applicable law, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you.
- For product and service improvement purposes. For example, to better understand how users access and use our Site, Software, and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site, Software, and Services, to respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research, analytical, and commercial purposes. For information on how to opt out of cookies or related forms of tracking, see our cookies policy below.
- Selling Personal Information. BuyDRM will never sell your Personal Information to any third party.
- Other BuyDRM Customers and Site Visitors. Your username, name, and other information that you may post to the Site, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, quotes, and feedback will be available to and may be searchable by, other users of the Site, regardless of whether they have signed up or otherwise identified themselves to BuyDRM. Even if it appears presently that such information about you is not available to others, we may change or improve Site functionality in the future, resulting in such information being available to other BuyDRM customers and Site visitors.
- Affiliates, Subsidiaries, and Partners. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy, and, where required by law, we will obtain your consent to such transfers.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These include, as an example, payment processors, to whom we may transfer information about you in order to bill and collect payment for the Software and Services.
- Business Transfers. If we are a party to a merger, acquisition, or another corporate restructuring (or similar activity), we may transfer the information we have collected to another company party to such activity. Similarly, if we are a party to a bankruptcy proceeding, the information we have collected about you may be transferred to an acquiring or merged entity.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with applicable law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or another legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, suspected or actual violations of this Policy or other agreements (including acceptable use policies) between you and BuyDRM or our partners, or as evidence in litigation in which Company is involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about our users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or other purposes.
Use of Personal Information
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the Site and to improve the Service;
- send information or BuyDRM content to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business;
- promote the use of our services to you and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
- provide other companies with statistical information about our users -- but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- meet legal requirements.
We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, we do not transfer your Personal Information to the third party.
We use the information collected through our Site, Software, or a Service for the following purposes:
- to provide the Service (which may include the detection, prevention, and resolution of security and technical issues);
- to respond to customer support requests, and
- otherwise to fulfill the obligations under the BuyDRM customer agreements.
Social Media Features
Retention of Personal Information
How long we keep the information we collect about you depends on the type of information. as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
We retain Personal Information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as long as is required in order to contact you about the Site, Software, or a Service, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we securely delete the information or anonymize it or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request, as described in "To Unsubscribe from Our Communications" below.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our Site, Software, or a Service, such as when you last opened an email from us or disabled your account. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site, the Software, and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site, in our Software, and while using our Services. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most internet browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function fully or in the manner intended if you disable cookies.
Local Storage Objects, Clear GIFs, tracking pixels and pixel tags, and other technologies. We may use Local Storage Objects (“LSOs”), to store your Site preferences and to personalize your visit to our Site. LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of LSOs through your web browser. Similarly, clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in functionality to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third-party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
We may combine information gathered from cookies and other tracking mechanisms with other personal information we collect from you in order to be able to provide a more personalized service to you. If you do not agree to such user profiling, you may opt-out by contacting us at LegalNotice@keyos.com. In this case, we will send an opt-out cookie to your computer which needs to be stored permanently. In case you delete such cookie, you must install such cookie again the next time you visit our site.
Third-Party Analytics, Ad Networks, and Links
Third-Party Links. The Site, Software, and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such websites are not governed by this Policy but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites and do not have the ability to control such practices.
You may always choose whether to share information about yourself with BuyDRM, although our Site, Software, and Services may each fail to provide you with certain functionality or benefits if you decline to provide information to BuyDRM. The BuyDRM Site presently does not honor browser requests or signals not to be tracked and does not subscribe or respond to “Do Not Track” lists or similar services.
Security of Personal Information
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. All Personal Information is protected using appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures.
Of course, despite any amount of effort, no data security measures can guarantee security or confidentiality, and we encourage you to also take prudent measures to protect your information. Prudent steps include signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password information private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Data subjects in Europe have the following additional rights
European Privacy Rights
The legal basis for processing Personal Information (EEA visitors only. Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
European Privacy Rights. If you are a data subject in Europe, you have the right to access, rectify, or erase any personal data we have collected about you through the Site, Software, or a Service. You also have the right to data portability and the right to restrict or object to our processing of personal data we have collected about you through the Site, Software, or a Service. In addition, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data (or provide it to third parties to process) for marketing purposes or purposes materially different than for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any data processing we do base on consent you have provided to us.
To exercise any of these rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify which right you intend to exercise. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we store information as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, and may continue to retain and use the information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, including as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements.
If your personal information has been processed by us on behalf of one of our customers and you wish to exercise any rights you have with such information, please inquire with our customer directly. If you wish to make your request directly to BuyDRM, please provide the name of the BuyDRM customer on whose behalf BuyDRM processes your information. We will refer your request to that customer and will support them to the extent required by applicable law in responding to your request.
If you have a GDPR inquiry please email us at:GDPR@keyos.com
If you have any issues with our compliance, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a European supervisory authority.
Where BuyDRM Operates
BuyDRM is based in the United States and has customers worldwide. Your information may be transferred, stored, and processed anywhere in the world, including the U.S., European Union, (including Germany, Ireland, and the UK), Japan, South Korea and China. By providing us with your information, including (where applicable) personally identifiable information, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing of your information anywhere in the world. Some foreign jurisdictions may have information protection laws less stringent than those in your home jurisdiction.
Contact For Additional Information, Opting Out, Data Access And Correction, And Disputes
For EU-specific requests, please contact email@example.com
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of our e-mails, updating your communication preferences, or by sending us email (see above) or postal mail to BuyDRM, Inc., 2303 RR 620 S. Suite 160-165, Austin, TX 78734 USA, Attention: Privacy.
Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with us or the Software or Service.
Updates to this Policy
BuyDRM may update this Policy occasionally to ensure that you are informed of our practices with regard to personal information. When we update this policy, we will update www.BuyDRM.com/privacy and, depend on our view of the significance of the update, send an email to all Site, Software, and Service users notifying them of the update. Your continued use of the Site, Software, or Services following such an update to this Policy on the Site indicates your acceptance of the updated Policy.
What Is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that are placed on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. Some cookies are “persistent cookies” – these remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie and are activated each time the user visits the website. Other cookies are “session cookies” - these are temporarily stored on a user’s device; once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
First vs. Third-party Cookies
We may use both first and third-party cookies. Whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the domain placing the cookie. First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time. Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website this would be a third-party cookie.
What Cookies Do We Use and Why?
We use Strictly Necessary, Functionality, Performance, and Targeting cookies.
Strictly Necessary Cookies: allow you to move around the Site and use essential features like secure areas. These cookies are a condition of using our Site. Without these cookies, certain services you have asked for cannot be provided. We use these cookies to remember information you have entered on forms during a session; to identify you as being logged in, and to route users to specific applications of a service, or specific servers.
Functionality Cookies: used to provide services or remember settings to improve your visit or use. We use these cookies to remember settings you've applied, such as layout, text size, preferences, and colors; remember if we've already asked you if you want to fill in a survey, and show you when you're logged in.
Performance Cookies: collect information about how you use our Site (e.g., which pages you visit or services you use, and if you experience any errors). They do not collect any information that could identify you. We use Performance cookies for:
- Web Analytics: To provide statistics on how our Site is used;
- Ad Response Rates: To see how effective our advertisements are, including those on third party sites;
- Affiliate Tracking: To provide feedback to partners that one of our visitors also visited their website. This can include details of any products purchased;
- Error Management: To help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur; and
- Testing Designs: To test different designs of our Site.
Targeting Cookies: linked to services provided by third parties, such as 'Like' buttons and 'Share' buttons. Third parties provide these services in return for recognizing that you have visited our Site. These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our website through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
How to Delete and Block Our Cookies
If you have a GDPR inquiry please email us at:GDPR@keyos.com